Agitated behaviour of people with dementia is a heavy burden for caregivers. To support them we are aiming at an assistive system which, based on sensory inputs, generates suitable interventions. Based on a custom sensor bracelet, we gathered motion and contextual sensor data for inferring short-term activities, repetitive behaviours, and long-term progressions.
- Title: Joint project insideDEM
- Sub-project at MMIS: Sensor-based activation level estimation and intervention selection in dementia care
- Homepage: http://insidedem.de/
- Duration: September 2015–August 2018
- Sponsor: Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- Budget: >600.000 Euro at MMIS (> 2.100.000 Euro in total)
- S. Teipel, C. Heine, A. Hein, F. Krüger, A. Kutschke, S. Kernebeck, M. Halek, S. Bader, T. Kirste. Multidimensional assessment of challenging behaviors in advanced stages of dementia in nursing homes-The insideDEM framework. In Alzheimers and Dementia 2017 Apr 4;8:36-44.