eDEM-Connect: Development of a Communication and Services Platform for the Caregivers of People with Dementia is a project funded by BMBF. The project started in January 2020 and will continue for three years. The project consortium consists of Private University of Witten as lead partner, University of Rostock, Fraunhofer ISST, DZNE Witten, Lutheran University of Applied Sciences Nuremberg, Ergosign, and Youse. The goal of the project is the development of a communication and services platform for the caregivers of people with dementia. The sub-project at the University of Rostock is conducted in the CoMSA²t research group and addresses the semi-automatic development of an ontology, which contains the domain knowledge needed for a chatbot to provide the relevant for the user responses and information.
- Project title: Joint project eDEM-Connect: Development of a Communication and Services Platform for the Caregivers of People with Dementia
- Sub-project at CoMSA²t: Semi-automated Development of an Ontology for Chatbots
- Project homepage:
- Runtime: 01.02.2020 – 31.01.2023
- Sponsor:German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- Budget: 289.000 Euro at CoMSA²t (about 2.500.000 Euro in total)
- Reference number: 16SV8335